Pizza Dough for Thin Crust Pizza (Altered)
3 cups all-purpose flour (may substitute whole wheat flour for 1 cup of the all-purpose)
8g dry yeast
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup warm water
1/2-1 tablespoon olive oil
cornmeal, for sprinkling (i omit) - tak letak pun
1. Mix a little sugar into the warm water.
2. Sprinkle yeast on top.
3. Wait for 10 minutes or until it gets all foamy.
4. Pour into a large bowl.
5. Add flour, salt, olive oil.
7. Knead for 6-8 minutes until you have a moderately stiff dough that is smooth and elastic (add a bit more flour if you need to).
8. Cover and let rest for 20-30 minutes.
9. Lightly grease two 12-inch pizza pans.
10. Sprinkle with a little bit of cornmeal.
11. Divide dough in half.
12. Place each half on a pizza pan and pat it with your fingers until it stretches over the whole pan.
13. Try to make it thicker around the edge.
14. If desired, pre-bake at 425 F for 10 minutes (I don't always do this).
15. Then spread with pizza sauce and use the toppings of your choice.
16. Bake at 425 F for 10-20 minutes longer or until bubbly and hot.
17. Makes 2 12-inch pizzas.
18. If you don't want to use all the dough, you can freeze it.
19. Take a portion of dough, form into a ball, rub olive oil over it and place it in a freezer bag (the oil makes it easier to take out of the bag).
20. When you want to make a pizza, take dough out of freezer and allow to thaw before using.