400g strong white bread flour
2 1/2 teaspoons instant yeast
1 teaspoon salt (level)
50g margarine ~ melted
70g - 80g sugar
100ml fresh milk ~ lukewarm
110ml pandan juice ~ lukewarm
1 tablespoon fresh milk ~ to brush on the buns before baking
1 teaspoon melted margarine ~ to brush after the buns are out of the oven
inti kacang merah-ditambah jika suka
1. Mix flour, yeast, salt and sugar in a big bowl.
2. Make a hole in the middle and pour in the melted margarine, fresh milk, pandan juice and egg.
3. Mix well. Knead for about 15 minutes till a smooth (doesn't stick to your hand) and elastic dough is formed.
this dough maybe a bit sticky in the beginning but NEVER add flour
4. Make the dough into a big ball and place it in a greased big bowl. Cover the bowl with cling film and place it at a warm place to prove for 1 1/2 to 2 hours till dough doubles its size.
5. Divide the dough into 50g - 60g balls and place them in a baking tray lined with grease paper or on a greased pan. Do not put them far apart so that when they are baked, the buns will stick to each other.
6. Cover the baking pan with cling film for 1 hour or until the dough doubles the size.
7. Brush the buns with fresh milk.
8. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 190 - 200 C for 15 to 20 minutes or till golden brown.
9. Remove from oven and brush with melted margarine.
10. Let it cool on a wire rack covered with a clean towel to get a soft crust.