Isnin, 31 Mei 2010
190 g high protein flour (I used multipurpose flour)
50 g sugar
2 g salt
6 g instant dried yeast
1/2 teaspoon bread improver
1 egg yolk
50 g fresh milk
12 g instant coffee (I mixed 2g nescafe granules with 10g hot water)
60 g water roux
1/2 teaspoon cappuchino coffee emulco (I added)
30 g butter
3/4 cup raisin (kak rus added)
Method : (Breadmaker method)
1. Pour fresh milk into the breadmaker pan. Add in instant coffee, salt, sugar, egg and water roux.
2. Top it with sifted flour, dry yeast and bread improver.
3. Set the Breadmaker to Dough function.
4. Once the dough is just combined, add in butter and leave the Breadmaker to continue doing it's job. This process will take about 1 1/2 hour including prooving.
5. Remove dough from BM and punch down to release the air. Cut the dough 35g portion each. Make into round balls and leave to rest for 10 minutes.
6. Let the air out of the dough and make into round balls again. Arrange in the prepared tin.
7. Leave to proof till double the size.
8. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 C for 25 minutes or so.
9. Once out of the oven, brush with butter.
1. Whisk the flour and water that you have decided to use in a bowl until it is whisked well and is free of lumps.
2. Put it on the stove and warm it up for 2-3 minutes at 65C. Be careful not to burn it!
3. Cover it with plastic wrap and store it in the fridge.
When using it, make sure it is at room temperature. The Water Roux Starter lasts for 3 days before it goes off.