Source : Aunty Yochana
Ingredients for the skin:
200 gm. Hong Kong flour (I used all purpose flour)
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. Instant Yeast
35 gm. castor sugar
40 gm. shortening
100 ml. water (if dough is too dry, add a little bit more water)
Ingredients for fillings:
Mix all together:
100 gm. roasted groundnuts - blend
1 Tbsp. sesame seeds - roasted
30 gm. castor sugar
a pinch of salt
I used Red bean paste (25 gm each & make a round ball)
(1) Mix all the skin pau ingredients into a mixer and beat till you get a smooth pliable dough. If it's too dry, add in a little bit water.
(2) Scale into a round ball and let it rest for 1 hour.
(3) Scale proved dough into 40 gm. portions and then wrap with fillings of your choice. You can either wrap with peanut fillings or red bean paste. Press lightly to flatten the surface.
(4) Leave to proof for another 45 mins.
(5) Heat up frying pan with some oil (not too much) and fry the paus until golden brown on both sides