POTATO GNOCCHI WITH BOLOGNAISE SAUCE
Source : Auntie Umi Kal Copy mamafami
Ingredients for Gnocchi :
1 kg potatoes
30 g butter
2 cups plain flour
2 eggs beaten
Parmesan cheese - grated
1. Peel potatoes and diced. Boil in a covered pot till tender. Drain and mash until smooth.
2. Stir in butter, eggs and flour. Set aside to cool.
3. Turn the cooled dough onto floured surface and divide into two portions.
4. Roll the dough into along sausage shape. Cut to 1/2 inch size dough.
5. Press with the back of a fork to give it the traditional gnocchi pattern.
6. Bring water to boil in a large pot. Add gnocchi and cook till the pieces rise to the surface.
7. Using slotted spoon, drain the gnocchi. Place in the serving bowls.
8. Pour the sauce on top and sprinkle some freshly grated Parmesan Cheese. Enjoy.
My Bolognaise Sauce
4 garlics ~ chopped
1 onion ~ diced
4 pieces beef burger ~ thawed and crumbled
2 large tomatoes ~ diced
Kimball Spagetti Sauce
Dried sweet basil
Red, yellow and green capsicum ~ diced
1. Heat olive oil in a pot. Add chopped garlic and fry till golden brown.
2. Add in diced onion and still till translucent.
3. Add in beef burger and stir till half cooked.
4. Add in diced tomatoes. Stir and put on the pot's lid. Leave to cook.
5. Add in the Kimball Spagetti Sauce, salt, sugar, sweet basil and capsicums.
6. Let the sauce simmer for another 5 minutes, covered.
7. Remove from heat and ready to serve with gnocchi.