TOFU IN CREAMY SAUCE
Source : Gert My Kithen Snippet
1 block of firm tofu – cut into 1” square (guna 4 keping tauhu biasa & potong ke 9 kiub tiap sekeping)
2 tbsp cornstarch
2 tbsp flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
For the sauce:
3 cloves garlic
3 sprigs of curry leaves (letak 2 tangkai je)
4 bird eyes chilies or one big red chili - cut small
1 cup of evaporated milk
1 tbsp butter
Salt and pepper
1 tsp of sugar
1. Cut and pan dry the tofu on paper towel until dry. Lightly sprinkle some salt and pepper.
2. Combined all the coating ingredients like cornstarch, flour, salt and pepper in a plate. Dredged the tofu With the flour mixture.
3. Heat up some oil and fried the tofu until golden brown. Set it aside. Remove all the oil from the frying pan.
4. Heat up the butter in the same pan, stir fry the garlic, curry leaves and chilies until fragrant and lightly brown.
5. Add in the milk, salt, pepper and sugar and continue to stir until the milk thickens and milk evaporated. Add in the tofu and continue to stir fry until the tofu is well coated with the sauce.
6. Dish out and serve with rice.
Note: The spiciness and the amount of gravy can be adjust accordingly to suit your taste